Here at Birdwell Clinic, we see many patients from Nailsea, Backwell, Winford and Failand that are complaining back issues. This is a problem within the UK.
The size of the problem:
- There are over 200 types of Musculoskeletal pain
- 1 in 4 UK adults are affected by chronic Musculoskeletal disability (MSD)
- Low back pain is reported by 80% of people at some time in their life
- MSDs are the most common reason for repeated GP consultation
- 60% of people on long term sick leave cite MSDs as a cause
Patients with MSDs are the largest patient population group treated by physiotherapists. Rapid access to musculoskeletal physiotherapists can reduce the amount of time people are off sick and is vital in preventing a new acute problem becoming chronic and long lasting.
Effective treatment for musculoskeletal conditions must include a combination of hands-on treatment together with individual exercise programmes and preventative education and advice.
We help many patients get better and train them how to correct their issues through small changes in their lifestyle. To find out more, please give us a call.